THINGS TO BE CAREFUL OF WHEN GETTING A HOME LOAN
1. Keep the same employment status. Now is not the time to change jobs, become self-employed, or quit!
2. Do not buy a car or new stuff for the house. In fact, do not buy any big ticket items over $250.
3. Avoid using credit cards excessively or become late on ANY payments.
4. Budget for inspections, appraisals, and closing costs.
5. Be honest on the application. If you aren’t, the loan officer will find out. Include all debts when applying.
6. Do not apply for ANY new credit or allow any credit inquiries on your credit. This includes co-signing on a loan for someone. Wait until after closing.
7. Consult with your loan officer before making any unusually large deposits into your account.
8. Do not close, open, or change bank accounts.
9. Avoid transferring money between credit accounts.